This a blog site for our Computer-Assisted Reporting class for Fall 2010. You have been added to the site an an author, which will allow you to post your final project on the site and add links to your post. Adding a post with links is an easy, five-step process:
- Click on the blog name in the top left corner of the home page and highlight “Dashboard”
- Once on the Dashboard page, go to the left column under “Posts” and click on “Add New”
- A new post box will appear in the middle of the Dashboard page. Please give the post a title (the title of your final project). After you’ve completed a copy and paste of your final project from your Word document, please paste your final project in the WordPress post box.
- Add links to your post by highlighting the word or phrase in your article you wish to use for a link, clicking on the link icon above the Dashboard post box, then entering the original URL of the linked site into the URL box. Click “Save Link” to complete the linking process.
- Once you’ve double-checked that your post is complete, click on the “Update” button on the right side of the Dashboard page. Check to see that the post has been added to the class site by clicking on the “View Page” button above the new post box.
You’re done! Now you can present your project to the rest of the class. Please come to my office if you have any questions about the process.